My place to rant or write about things I don't discuss with my kids - which means most of it will be about their father (L.), who I divorced in Feb. 2011 after fighting over it for over two years, and court stuff. I thought the fighting ended with a final decree. It does not.


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Friends

An old friend, B, came into town yesterday and we went out to dinner with another mutual friend, A. It was great to be back together again and so great to see them! A has been really busy so I haven't even talked to her for months. A lot of months. And B lives across the country so we never see her and she is also busy so I never get to talk to her, either. That, and I have trouble reaching out when I am struggling and since I've been doing a lot of that lately... well, I haven't talked to them for a long time.

We've all had troubles in our marriages, all three of us. In fast, all three marriages seemed to hit the fan right about the same time. A and B have managed to hold on to theirs and I'm glad they have. It hurts when we talk and I realize that they still have problems in their marriages because they have had enough crap and I just want them to have a good life with good men. And mostly they do, but hard time are just... hard. We talked about my dating life (the whole one date) and why I wasn't crazy about him and they expressed a little jealousy that they didn't get a first date and falling in love again. But I think we all know that they are so much more lucky that I am - they have a husband that loves them. And really, at my age, who wants to have to be back in the dating game? No one!

So glad you came into town, B! And I wish you could stay longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment